By working with Peaceful Mama Postpartum Doula Services, you will receive dedicated and judgement-free informational, emotional, and practical support for the entire family during the postpartum period via proactive guidance, resources and referrals. Most plans follow this sequential order with Item #3 being highly customized to your individual needs.
- Initial 15-Minute Consultation via Zoom Free! Schedule your consultation now. Let’s connect so we can learn a little more about each other, including what you are looking for and what I can offer you. What is your timeline, vision for when baby arrives, type of care/support you may need, and how we could work together to make your experience as positive as it can be.
- Prenatal 1-Hour Consultation Package $100. We meet in-person or via Zoom (depending on your location/preference) to discuss your goals, questions, concerns, and expectations. After talking, I’ll design a self-care plan that will help you achieve your vision that includes tools, tips, and resources to guide and support you. Should you want baby care as well, we will discuss all the possible components and develop that out as well. The package includes the following:
- Postpartum Care Plan. We develop a customized plan for you that may include any of the following services to help you transition to your new norm with baby as smoothly as possible.Your
- Overnight Support $35/hour. 8-hours of in-home overnight support giving you a chance to sleep while your baby is taken care of and some household tasks may be completed including preparing/stocking baby stations, light laundry, organizing, tidying, meal prep, among others upon request.
- Daytime Support $35/hour. 3-Hour blocks of in-home daytime support giving you a chance to rest while your baby is taken care of and some household tasks may be completed including preparing/stocking baby stations, light laundry, organizing, tidying, meal prep, among others upon request.
- Weekly 15-minute check-in Zoom call with Action Plan $35/month. I will check in with you at a designated time during the week (usually Sunday or Monday) to check in and give you a chance to share any questions, concerns, goals, experiences you are having. I will write up a weekly outlook/ action plan to help you stay on track and prioritize time for what you need, providing suggested ToDos or things to try, along with links to resources and any other follow-up from our call.
- Unlimited Voxer (walkie talkie) and/or Email support for $50/month where you can ask questions that you have, share comments, concerns and I will respond via voice or email – per your choice. I guarantee to respond to every comment within 6 hours, usually much sooner.
- Baby Concierge Services $35/hour. Baby Registry Set-up, Nursery set-up, local outings and meet-ups organizing, meal planning, and other services.
From the Chicago Doula Project:
“Studies have indicated that the time immediately following childbirth, during which a new mother experiences a heightened sensitivity, is an important period in the development of maternal-infant attachment. The doula assists the new mother in understanding her infant’s cues and enhancing her ability to respond appropriately and sensitively (Klaus, Kennell &Klaus, 1993). This responsiveness is fundamental to establishing secure attachment, which in turn is vital for the successful long-term development of the child (Erickson, Sroufe & Egeland, 1985). The evidence thus suggests that the use of doulas with an at-risk adolescent population may have a positive impact on the new mother’s skills and ability to nurture her baby.”